Tuesday 14 February 2012

Summer time and the living is easy...

Hi honey,I'm home....where have I been...well first there was Christmas, then New year, then the Mother in law came to stay, birthday parties had to be planned and executed and blah blah blah, anyway I'm back....and the story continues....

But before I start, it has been said that I digress from time to time in my blog and unfortunately I have to accept full responsibility in this instance..Perhaps I should explain, at the moment I am writing my blog retrospectively, with the eventual hope that one day...I will be writing in the present...but there are some days that my mind wanders shamelessly into the present, somewhat escaping the past, so should this happen from time to time please find it in your heart to forgive my momentary lapses....

Oh Dear, I am digressing in my explanation of my digression....enough already....

So the summer before my son started school was joyous in the escape from the nursery. We somehow managed not to come into any contact with my "ex friend" and her son...and living in a small village you would wonder how that was possible without exceptional planning but hey... mine is not to question why but to accept what simly put, is divine...what a relief, no more cat and mouse activity twice daily...Normal life resumed that is until the summer comes to a beautiful end and my son's first day at school beckons...

Omg, walking through the school gates feeling full of nerves verses tremendous excitement, verses wanting to cry, verses omg... Here he is my four year old " baby" dressed just like his dad on route to work...shirt, tie, jumper, trousers....the long one's and black patent shoes and a book bag resembling a big boys briefcase...omg he looks so grown up until u see that lower lip tremble at the school gates. In that moment I wanted to scoop him up there and then, into my arms and run all the way home, only returning on his 18th birthday...

We enter the playground, Daddy, Mummy and my " baby " ...and then we see her?.. my " ex friend " glaring over like a rabbit caught in the headlights, omg what to do, what to do??? And before I have a chance to decide??? she turns her back and I realise the war rages on ....til next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment